RE: swiss-list: Car

From: Pierre Demartines <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 22:24:06 -0800

When I inquired in 1996, I was informed that my 87' BMW325i (compliant
with '93 California emission standards) would need about $7K in
transformations to go through smog and DOT regulations. The bike
(Suzuki GSXR-1100) would need less, say around 1 to $2K...

Aughhhhh !!!

Now, slightly off-topic, but in case anybody is interested in how to
get a kit car registered and smog exempt through the DMV's red tape,
sometime last year I put together some words about my own experiences
with them: www.icsi.berkeley.edu/~demartin/seven_faq.html

Just three things to remember: be courteous, smile a lot (even when
your natural inclination would rather lead you to kill by
strangulation), be ***patient***...

                                                Pierre