Re: swiss-list: Swiss stuff

From: Jean H. Heegaard <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 13:32:07 -0800

For those of you living in the south bay, Mollie Stone Market in Palo
Alto (on Californaia Ave) sells Gruyere and Vacherin Fribourgeois
(notice that the Vacherin is labeled as "Freiburger").
For the Fendant (or Dorin or Dezaley depending on your prefs.) you can
usually find them at Beltramos in Menlo Park (although a bit
expensive...)
Sante!
Jean Heegaard

Sarah Paris wrote:

> Reply to: RE>swiss-list: Swiss stuff
>
> The 24th St. Cheese Co. at 3893 24th St. in Noe Valley (San Francisco) has sterno, caquelons, Vacherin Fribourgois, etc.
>
> This info. will be on the updated swiss-list web site, whenever someone gets around to updating it ...
> Happy Fondue.
> Sarah Paris
>
> --------------------------------------
> Date: 2/20/99 10:41 PM
> To: Sarah Paris
> From: Jean-Michel Pittet
> Hi
>
> Has anyone found: "Brennspritt" or "l'alcool pour fondue" and Vacherin
> Fribourgeois? If the answer is yes, the please let me know where of
> course :)
>
> Yes yes ... as you have guesses I'd like to make a moitie-moitie.
>
> Cheers
> JM
> Jean-Michel Pittet jmp_at_sgi.com Phone:650-933-6149 FAX:933-3542
> Silicon Graphics, Inc. 2011 N.Shoreline Blvd,8U-802, Mountain View CA 94043

Jean Heegaard, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Biomechanical Engineering Division               phone: (650) 725-3585
Department of Mechanical Engineering             fax  : (650) 723-1778
Stanford University
Stanford, CA 94305-4040