swiss-list: Re: Great Phone Rates!

From: Stefan Ludwig <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 10:36:43 -0800

> I just re-ordered the prepaid calling cards I've been using to call
> friends and family in Switzerland. The rate they currently offer is
> pretty good: 12 cents/min. flat rate, and 15% off if you order $250 at a
> time.
> I've been using these cards for quite some time now, and I never
> experienced any problems. However, you have to pay in advance, and (here
> comes the catch) there is a surcharge of $1 per phone call. But still,
> you can chat with your mother-in-law for a full hour and spend only
> $8.20 ....

A full hour with your mother-in-law??? :-0

Anyway, thanks for the tip!

Just for the record: we've been using 10-10-653 to call Switzerland. They
charge 15cents/min, flat rate, minimum of three minutes. This prefix was
mentioned on this list a while back and somebody mentioned that the charging
company (Integretel) was known for fraud. I haven't had any problems so
far (past 8 months) and it cut my phone bill in half.

Here's a breakdown (VoCall rates in parens using the $500.- order rates).
Remember, you get charged for calls to Switzerland even if nobody answers
the phone so for short calls, the 1010653 number is preferrable and you
don't have to come up with $500.- upfront (better buy some internet stock
:-)

<=3 min. 0.45 (<= 1.10)
 10 min. 1.50 (1.80)
 16 min. 2.40 (2.40 break even point)