Re: swiss-list: Dual Citizenship

From: Sarah Paris <click for textversion of email address >
Date: 11 Jan 1999 15:50:08 -0800

         Reply to: RE>>swiss-list: Dual Citizenship

>From what I understand, and Consul General Baehler confirmed this, one cannot lose the Swiss citizenship, no matter what. It used to be that Swiss women would lose it when marrying a foreign national IF they didn't formally declare that they wanted to keep their Swiss citizenship, but this law has been changed.
sp
--------------------------------------
Date: 1/11/99 11:30 AM
To: Sarah Paris
From: michaelm_at_riskinc.com
Hi Sarah,
Are you sure that you can keep your swiss citizenship? As far as I know,
you have to trade in your swiss citizenship. I am a dual citizen but only
because I was born here in the States. My parents (both swiss) lived here
in California for a couple of years.

If your absolutely sure about this, please let me know. Meanwhile I am
going to ask some friends of mine (swiss living in CA for over 30 years) if
it is possible to get a US passport and keep the swiss one.

Mike
mike.maerki_at_bigfoot.com