Re: swiss-list: Auto Insurance

From: Louis Perrochon <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 1998 16:55:27 -0700

Last year when I was shopping around, AAA was cheapest. They did notinsure
me directly, as you seem to need a US drivers license for at least 1.5
years (if you had one in another country for years, 3 years otherwise). So
AAA insured me with Progressive. Cost me about $800 (but as mentioned
before, that is highly dependent on your situation and car.

The day I had my license for 1.5 years, I called Progressive and wanted a
new quote, but they refused to change policies in the middle of the year.
So I called AAA and got a quote for about $450/year. So I switched.
Cancelling the old policy cost $50, but I saved more than that on the premium.

So you definitely want to check out AAA.

Louis