Re: swiss-list: Swiss State Secretary for Education and Science coming to visit US

From: Louis Perrochon <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 09:29:33 -0800

  - Use modern means of communication to enhance and facilitate the
    contacts (swiss-list, electronic newsletter...).

Here I think it is important not to create yet-another-resource, but to
strengthen existing resources. With too many resources, we are not going to
know about all of them, and the employers will not know about all of them
either. One electronic approach is TeleJob. But TeleJob is a pull-media,
i.e. one has to go and look at them instead of being notified. Also there
is not much in TeleJob for people after Post-Docs. I think we are more
looking for the Jobs that are advertised in NZZ. A cooperation of existing
services could help more.

As of the tax treaties, that would certainly be a very useful thing.

Louis

* Sending of unsolicited e-mail to this e-mail address is prohibited! *

The Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991 makes it unlawful for any
person to use a computer or other electronic device to send any message
via a telephone facsimile machine unless such message clearly contains,
in a margin at the top or bottom of each transmitted page or on the
first page of the transmission, the date and time it is sent and an
identification of the business, other entity, or individual sending the
message and the telephone number of the sending machine or such business,
other entity, or individual.