October update of the Swiss-List Web page

From: Laurent Vuilleumier <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 1997 11:49:49 -0700

Hi everybody,
             It looks like I missed the update of September. Thus,
I decided to do it early in October. Since Laurent M. told me it
did not seem to bring any change, let me first say it is quite
difficult to come every month with a radically new concept and let
me also tell you what I do when I update. I check every link that is
listed in our pages, update the links of things that moved (as much
as possible) and get rid of the links I cannot find anymore. Then,
I add the links that have been mentionned to me and the ones I found
and that looked interesting to me.

Now the changes in detail:
> In Swiss Web site of interest, I added the links to the Swiss
  teletext (that was brought to me by Davide Guarisco) and to the
  Swiss Silicon Valley Association that was mentionned by Laurent M.
> In Some news from Switzerland I updated the link to La Regione Ticino
  and to the TimesFax and mentionned that the later was not any more
  free.
> In Visas and Administrative stuff I added a link to the US Information
  Agency that was mentionned by Laurent M (again).
> In Some help to find a job, I added a American site, CareerPath.
> In San Francisco bay area, I added UCSF to the list of Universities.

As usual, I am very happy when I receive some comments (which, until
now, were very nice, thank you, that helps my ego inflates to its
correct dimension). Let's mention again for people that never
read the Swiss-List mails, but got stuck in this one by mistake that
the address is http://loki.stanford.edu/~mieville/swl_wel.html and
that Laurent M now created a mirror site at
<A HREF="http://sc2a.unige.ch/~mieville/swl_wel.html">http://sc2a.unige.ch/~mieville/swl_wel.html</A>.

Finally, I found on the site of the American embassy in Canada (linked
in the Swiss-List web pages), the announcement of the 1999 Diversity
Immigrant Visa Program or in other word, Green card lottery. The due
dates are pretty soon (October 24, 1997 to November 24, 1997). I do not
have the information flyer. The embassy mention an information number,
but be aware it is a 900 number. Usually you would more likely have this
kind of number tell you dirty words and in the same time tap your
wallet. So, if we could find the information an other way...

Enjoy surfing,

Laurent

--
Laurent Vuilleumier               e-mail: L_Vuilleumier_at_lbl.gov
Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory      phone : (510) 486-6108