Message to Mr. Mieville

From: <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 14:12:35 +0200

Dear Mr. Mieville

I red the article of you and the Swiss list of scientists living and
working in Silicon Valley.

It was very interesting for the organisation (Engineers for tomorrow) I
represent because of the following reasons:

Engineers for tomorrow is an organisation which is financed by 16 swiss
enterprises such as ABB, Siemens Schweiz, Nestlé, UBS, Rentenanstalt,
Winterthur Versicherungen, Rieter, Sulzer, etc. Founded 10 years ago we
aim to promote the profession of highly qualified engineers (male and
female) and to contribute to the quality of education in this field. The
group is lobbying for an education leading to motivated, mobile and
openminded engineers. On the other hand we discuss with high school
students the influences of new technologies on our daily life, on
economics and on our work.

We are now planing to realize in cooperation with the Conseil des EPF a
benchmark-study. The goal of this study is an international comparasion
of the qualifications of engineers from the best universities in the
world. Stanford University is one of these universities. Because of your
education in Switzerland and your present work at Stanford University it
would be very interesting for us to get in contact with you. Your
experience and your knowledge could be very helpful. Maybe you also know
about US-studies in this field.

I would be very happy if could get in contact with me.

Sincerely yours

Andrea Leu
Ingenieure für die Schweiz von morgen/Engineers for tomorrow
Freigutstrasse 24
8027 Zürich
T: ++41/1/201 73 00
F: ++41/1/202 93 20
İİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİÑis message was posted through the Stanford campus mailing list