member list

From: laurent mieville <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 1997 16:05:38 -0700 (PDT)

Dear all,

Following a discussion with some members of the swiss-list during the BBQ
help on August 2nd, I think it is time to make a list of all the
members. We are now exceeding 50 members who are working in very different
places and it would be nice to have a list.

* First of all this is important for new members willing to communicate
through the swiss-list. A regular concern is to know who is on the other side.

* Members having a specific question may want to contact directly others
members without using the general list.

* During my stay in Switzerland last month, I realized that there is an
growing interest to have a way of contacting swiss scientists working in
the silicon valley. This was clear during discussion with the unit of the
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology which has to promote the scientific
park recently created nearby. They had a lot of questions about the silicon
valley and the way the research is fueling the small companies.
I also spoke with members of a swiss-american capital venture firm looking
for consultants. I acted as a scientific advisor regarding thin film
technology. They also would be interested to contact others scientists working
in different fields.
I think we can all benefit from that by improving contacts with Switzerland and
swiss companies looking for information.

What I suggest is to make a simple list like for example (my case):

name Field Workplace email

Laurent Mieville Thin films Stanford/Conductus mieville_at_stanford.edu

If you want you can also link your web page to your name (for those who one)

Once collected, the information will be shown on the swiss-web page.

I hope you will find this proposition interesting. If so, please send me
 one line as described and we will include it in the list. Suggestions
are also warmly welcomed. If you don't want to contribute, let me know also.

Thanks in advance and I am looking for your feedback.

Laurent Mieville