Car insurance?

From: Stephan Gehring <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 1997 13:54:32 -0700

Hi,

This is my first posting, so I don't even know in what language is used on
this list. I'll stick with English...

We recently moved over here from Zurich, and we have to decide on car
insurance in the next two days. Has anybody found a good deal for car
insurance? What should we look out for?

What amount do you insure for property damage, bodily injuries, etc.? It
seems like the Americans go real low while we Swiss tend to go real high.
What's a good compromise in your opinion?

Thanks for your answers, Stephan

P.S. My personal background: PhD in computer science at ETH Zurich with
Niklaus Wirth, now at Interval Research Corp. in Palo Alto. More important:
have a wife (German) and a 7 month baby.