Re: startup: State of the Venture Capital in Switzerland

From: Nicole Hillbrecht <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 18:56:16 +0200

From: Pmarmier_at_aol.com

Maybe I am biased because the academia I see at Swiss House are for a great
majority "entrepreneurs-friendly". They seem to have developed a sense of
business that I did not experience when I was at university (graduated more
than 6 years ago from Lausanne U.). I have also visited several professors at
EPFL f.ex. who had a look at the market when doing research and were constantly
looking for ways to commercialize their technology.

It is true that you still meet academic folks who think of the economy as the
bad devil, but with the introduction of new tenure tracks for young professors,
I am confident that a new generation of foreign and foreign-educated prof will
shake out the system.

Go ahead with the posting and let's see if Swiss List readers have interest
beyond cheese, wine and visa stuff...

Best,

Pascal

In a message dated 7/18/01 2:25:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time,