sfbay: Where to host Grandma coming to help around birth of #2 (Aug24-Sept20)?

From: Anne-Charlotte Giovangrandi <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 22:55:59 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Swiss-listers,
Our second son is due end of August, and we are very
fortunate to have his grandmother Jaqueline come from
Switzerland and help us for about one month.
We are looking for a place for her to spend
(quiet!)nights between August 24 and September 20,
ideally downtown Palo Alto (we live on Channing and
Middlefield) or close to public transportation (buses
35 or 22, or crosstown shuttle).
Would you have a guestroom you'd be willing to rent to
us at an affordable rate? Do you need a
housesitter/petsitter during the same period?

Jaqueline is a very nice, quiet, trustworthy lady, and
she would not disturb her hosts in any way. She just
needs a place to spend the nights (no meals or laundry
needed). She speaks French, and a little English.
Thank you immensely for any help you can provide!