sfbay: Swisslist Stammtisch

From: Dave Dueblin <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 13:10:28 -0800 (PST)

So next Stammtisch is this Wednesday already!

Let me quickly summarize the last Stammtisch for all
of you who have never been:

Participants were between 25 and 45 years old, mainly
Swiss but not exclusively representing a wide range of
small and large companies from A as in Arcsight to Y
as in Yahoo (sorry, no Z - yet). I can't remember the
full list but HP and Intel where also represented.
>From managers to engineers and marketing to sales.

I could hear English, Swiss German and French and the
topics went from geeky stuff to where to have a great
fondue in the Bay Area ;). It's all very casual and
conversations happen naturally and the direction is
pretty random depending on the background of each
person.

One of the geeky topics last time was blogging and RSS
news feeds. Please bring some new ideas or I will
spend the evening rambling about blogging again...

We haven't talked about podcasting at all which is
kind of surprising. Maybe this time? Or are Mavericks
and the last snow in Tahoe the next hot topic? And I
definitely need some tax tips! And Lufthansa is buying
Swiss!?!

Come join us! Let's have some fun. It's a very
friendly and relaxed environment. I'm planning on
taking some pictures this time - don't count on it -
come see for yourself.

See you soon, bis bald, a bientot!
Dave

P.S. They somehow always pick great restaurants...