sfbay: BIO 2004 vs. Reclaim the Commons

From: Sarah Paris <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 15:00:30 -0700

Dear Bay Area Swiss Listers:

The biotechnology industry will be meeting in San Francisco from June 6-9th,
to "celebrate the benefits of biotech to health, agriculture, the economy
and the environment." BIO 2004 will be met with a counter-convergence called
Reclaim the Commons. On June 8, Reclaim the Commons and Direct Action to
Stop the War have vowed to shut down the BIO convention in a demonstration
of opposition to corporate rule (Source: indymedia.org)

This situation looks like potential material for media coverage, and I would
be very interested in talking to participants on both sides of the spectrum.
I recognize that the Swiss on this list will likely weigh in heavily on the
side of Biotech. No matter what your views, I am particularly interested in
talking to anyone who has given the issues some real thought and can help
educate me (and a Swiss audience) about aspects of the equation that may not
get much coverage in the mass media.

Feel free to contact me via email; my phone # is also listed below.

Sarah Paris
Freelance Journalist
(415) 752-2544
www.pariswerlin.com