sfbay: Invitation to info session of the German-American International School on Tuesday, Dec.9

From: Uschi Joshua <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 09:16:08 -0800

Open House
                Information Evening and Classroom Visits
Tuesday, December 9th, at 7:00pm
Bilingual immersion: Come and learn about our German immersion program
starting in preschool. We admit children as young as 2.5 years of age. In
our 1st -8th grade school, German and English are taught in parallel by
native-speaking credentialed teachers.

Excellent academics: An accredited German curriculum rigorous in math and
sciences covering a broad range of liberal arts, including US and California
History and Government and US Social Studies. Spanish and French are offered
as additional languages.

International Baccalaureate: Our WASC accredited School follows the
International Baccalaureate (IB) Program for Kindergarten through grade 8
and expects IB accreditation for the Primary Years Program in early 2004.
This world-renowned teaching method enhances our German and Californian
curricula through interdisciplinary, inquiry-based, student-centered
learning. This diversity adds another dimension of international
adaptability to our program.

Great reputation: Come and talk to our parents and learn first-hand about
our excellent academic educational program in an international setting with
children coming from all around the world.

Schedule: 7.00pm – 7.30pm General Introduction to GAIS
philosophy and

programs

(for new and prospective parents)

7.30pm – 8.00pm Introduction to International Baccalaureate Program
(IB) with emphasis on K – grade 5

(for all GAIS families and prospective parents)

8.00pm – 9.00pm Hands-on IB working session in classrooms

            K – grade 5

(for all GAIS families and prospective parents)

275 Elliott Drive, Menlo Park, CA 94025

Phone: 650-324-8617 · Fax: 650-324-9548

Email: info_at_germanamericanschool.org · www.germanamericanschool.org

Directions:

  a.. Take 101, exit Willow Road West
  b.. Take the first left on Chester (or take Beacon St. if you miss
Chester)
  c.. Turn right on Menalto
  d.. Turn left on O’Connor
  e.. Turn right on Elliott Drive