sfbay: high speed internet access any ideas?

From: Nico Ghilardi <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 15:44:53 -0800

Hi all,

I just moved into a new house in Millbrae, and am trying to re-establish
my high speed internet connection. However, neither SBC nor Comcast (the
local phone and cable companies) deliver high speed access, and I've
checked earthlink, too. The only thing I found I could get is earthlink
satellite, but it is hugely expensive. Has anyone had a similar
situation? Any ideas of companies who might deliver DSL? The funny thing
is that I found a DSL filter on one of the phone jacks, so it has been
installed before. But the SBC person on the phone said that due to
increased standards not everybody who had it before may get it still in
the same location, as they had a lot of complaints.

So if anyone can recommend a way to get around the painfully slow dialup
service, I'd appreciate that

cheers
nico

--