sfbay: Get a cell phone plan with only 7 months minimum duration (or less)

From: Marius Kleiner <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 08:47:37 -0700

Hi everybody,

As I am going to leave the country soon, I am looking for somebody to
take over my cell phone plan. It is a one year minimum plan, and I
started it 5 months ago. By finding somebody who will take it over, I
will avoid paying a $175 penalty fee.

For you it's very simple, just like starting a new contract (you will
get your own new phone number), with the difference that the minimum
duration is reduced to 7 months. No strings attached.

As a bonus, I will give you my phone for free (Nokia 3361).
Should there be any other activation charges, I will pay them as well.

Plan details:

- Monthly charge $29.99
- 200 anytime minutes
- Unlimited night (9 pm - 5:59 am) and weekend minutes
- Nation wide long distance included (call from anywhere to anywhere
within the country)
- AT&T has excellent coverage
- Alternatively, 250 anytime minutes, but without nation wide long
distance (i.e. you can still call anywhere in the country, but only from
the bay area)

More details: http://www.attws.com/buy/consumer/plans.jhtml

In my experience, 200 anytime minutes are largely enough, especially if
you can use a phone at work during the day.

With all the taxes and fees, if you don't use extra minutes or roaming,
it comes down to $36.00 / month.

And if you think this sounds shady, I am just a student, with no
financial interest in AT&T, who would like to save a few bucks.

Let me know if you're interested!

Marius