sfbay: Car for sale

From: Paul Peyrot <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 16:35:19 -0800

Hi all!

I am selling my car, a Ford Thunderbird, 1989. Details: white,
California Smog test passed in November 2002, new front tires, rear
tires good, new battery. Very good gas mileage and oil consumption (the
engine is in very good shape). There is a hook if you need to pull a
trailer. I am the 2nd owner of it. It will be available on January 17th.

The price is $ 1'050.-OBO. The Blue Book valuation is $ 1'385.-

Here is the valuation from www.kbb.com <http://www.kbb.com/> :

California . January 6, 2003
1989 Ford Thunderbird Coupe 2D

Engine: V6 3.8 Liter
Trans: Automatic
Drive: Rear Wheel Drive
Mileage: 132,000

Equipment

Power Steering
Power Windows
Power Door Locks
Tilt Wheel
Cruise Control
AM/FM Stereo
Cassette
Premium Sound
Dual Power Seats

Consumer Rated Condition:
Good

"Good" condition means that the vehicle is free of any major defects.
The paint, body and interior have only minor (if any) blemishes, and
there are no major mechanical problems. In states where rust is a
problem, this should be very minimal, and a deduction should be made to
correct it. The tires match and have substantial tread wear left. A
clean
<http://www.kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/ke.kb.rm?kbb&&774&/kb/ki.dll/ke.kb.sp?kbb&
94720&&carfaxownerprpty&1385> title history is assumed. A "good" vehicle
will need some reconditioning to be sold at retail; however major
reconditioning should be deducted from the value. Most recent model cars
owned by consumers fall into this category.

Private Party Value
$1,385

Private Party value represents what you might expect to pay for a used
car when purchasing from a private party. It may also represent the
value you might expect to receive when selling your own used car to
another private party.

Please contact me if you are interested!

Paul