sfbay: Scam Involving Speakers sold from Vans and SUVs

From: Darius Somary <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 19:21:11 -0700

Please do NOT reply to this email. The purpose of this email is simply to
warn fellow Swiss (and friends of such) in the Bay Area of an ongoing
global fraud with HiFi speakers. I am NOT involved in the fraud and I am
NOT interested in receiving a mass of correspondence regarding this topic!

A word of warning: Should you be approached or pulled-over by people in a
minivan or SUV, trying to sell you "high-end" HiFi speakers for apparent
bargain prices - DON'T DO IT! Be aware this scam is currently very hot in
many parts of the US, Australia, as well as several European countries,
including Switzerland (see links to articles below).

So why am I sending out this email? You guessed it - I just bought a pair
myself... earlier today in Danville! However, since I didn't pay that much
and am satisfied with the sound quality, I fortunately don't feel too bad
about the whole thing. Cheers, __darius

http://www.badbusinessbureau.com/results.asp?q1=ALL&q2=&q3=&q4=&q5=Audiofile&q6=&q7=&submit2=Search%21

http://www.crimes-of-persuasion.com/Crimes/InPerson/speaker_scams.htm

http://www.sfdrs.ch/sendungen/kassensturz/php-d/presse_artikel.php3?kategorie=2&artikel=39