Re: sfbay: meeting new friends

From: Chris Cavigioli <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 01:30:48 -0700

Yes, stuff gets planned sporadically. There isn't a social chairman, but
anyone who has a great idea is welcome to propose to the group and stuff
takes off from there.

Also check out www.EuroCircle.com that have some fun events ... although
those are mostly parties in the evening as opposed to outdoor activites.

For any hobby you might have, you'll find clubs that focus on that thing
around here.

This week and next is the San Francisco Int'l Film Fest. One year when
there was a Swiss film, we informally all decided to go to it.

I suppose there is a 1st of August event somewhere, but I haven't been yet.
Usually in the summer there is a BBQ somewhere. If someone wishes to launch
a Raclette event at a state park, I'm sure there would be Swiss people that
would join in.

For good hiking near where you are, check out the parks near Foothill
College (Los Altos area) or Castle Rock. If you want to venture further up,
cross over the Golden Gate bridge and head into the Marin Headlands or
Tennessee Valley or Mount Tam (Mt. Tamalpais) or go to Sibley's Volcanic
Park in the Oakland Hills or Tilden Park in the Berkeley Hills.

Lots of facts of life are found on google nowadays. :-)

-chris