sfbay: H1-B Jobfair

From: <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 00:25:50 GMT

Hello you all,

I'm organizing an H1-B jobfair in San Francisco and I was wondering whether
some of you might have some tips.

The idea of the jobfair is to create a space where jobhunters who not only need
a job, but also a visa, meet with immigration lawyers and companies which
actually are hiring. I'm hoping that one lawyer might have a short speech to
introduce the main facts about the H1B Visa, and otherwise that just several
lawyers would answer questions. Hiring companies might also be interested to
learn more about the visa issues. I will also invite other immigration
'experts', like foreign student advisors and maybe even some companies'
inhouse laywers.

Well, I can give it a try, right?

An additional idea is to get foreign trade organizations (like maybe the
Swiss-American Chamber of Commerce) and foreign consulates to sponsor food and
drinks so that the whole event will be even fun. But otherwise, nobody gets
paid or has to pay anything to participate. We'll see how that might work.

So I was wondering if you could recommend any immigration lawyers in the Bay
Area, or if you know of any companies that might be interested in
participating; or any other person who might have an interest in the jobfair
(like jobhunters!!!)

By the way, the event will most likely be on May 3rd, 2002. Depending on how
big the event will get, so far I would have Lazlo's (at Foreign Cinema) as the
location, which holds 200 people.

Well, any tips and suggestions would greatly be appreciated, thanks very much

Jeanette

arpagaus_at_aol.com