FW: sfbay: Intern opportunity?

From: Michael R. Schuppenhauer <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 20:51:33 -0800

I checked with a colleague of mine, DVM, and she had to say the following:

"Yes, actually she can work for a veterinarian, as an associate veterinarian as
well. The catch is that a licensed vet has to be on the premises. So she could
do regular small animal work during regular daily hours completely legally, so
long as there is another vet at the practice.

So far as research internships, I guess she would have to go through the same
channels as anyone. I am sure there are plenty of unpaid internships
available....!!"

My note:
The visa situation though needs to be clarified in anyway. Also and internship
will require a visa allowing it.

Best,

Michael RS

or
>something like that :-) with a swiss license, which is not accepted in the US,
>and without a working permit for the US (visa type: H4). Does somebody know,
>if she's allowed to work as an intern for, e.g., a pharmaceutical company? And
>does, by any chance, somebody know
of