sfbay: REMINDER: Swiss National Day Party on August 5, 3 pm in RWC

From: Michael R. Schuppenhauer <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 18:19:15 -0700

Dear ETHZ/EPFL Alumni,
Dear Swiss-List Members,

As incoming coordinator for the ETHZ/EPFL Alumni in the Bay Area,
taking over from Laurent Vuilleumier, it is my pleasure to be
hosting the unofficial August 1 Swiss National Day BBQ on Sunday
August 5, 2001 at 3 pm on our premises. As we are so far away
from Switzerland we allow some time to get the party also to our
part of the world.

Please note that this is not intended to be an ETH/EPF Alumni
exclusive but rather a nice reason for a cool party.

The plan is to have BBQ set up and the basics for a great party
in our garden / park. In case of rain (which is rather
theoretical) we can move inside. Please bring either food &
beverages to share (and let me know so I can coordinate) or food
& beverages for your party only. Either way is fine.

We have a big garden with a play structure so bringing kids along
is encouraged but in view of American style liability your own
responsibility ...Our garden / park is big enough to easily host
50-100 people so please rsvp early so we can somewhat monitor.
Also please let me know if there are any special requests to be
accommodated.

Address and directions (map: http://www.swiss-list.com/social/ )

1045 Silver Hill Road
Redwood City, CA 94061
(650) 839-1395

Take 280 to Farm Hill Road exit, go East on Farm Hill, the forth
Street on the right is Silver Hill Road. 1045 is down the hill
and then up again a beige house an the left.

Take 101 to the Whipple Street exit. Go South on Veterans
Boulevard until Jefferson goes off to the right after passing the
Chinese take-away. Take Jefferson West for about three to four
miles crossing El Camino (it turns into Farm Hill Boulevard).
After three lights you pass a stop sign, the first on the left is
Silver Hill Road. 1045 is down the hill and then up again a beige
house an the left.

I am looking forward to seeing all of you !

Best regards,

Michael R. Schuppenhauer, Ph.D.
Senior Editor
BioCentury Publications, Inc.
michael.schuppenhauer_at_alumni.ethz.ch

Note to Christian & Clarissa: Please forward to relevant ETH/EPF
Alumni that are NOT covered by the Swiss-List.