Re: sfbay: Where to buy Furniture?

From: Daniel Gerald Kluge <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 01:00:56 -0700

On Saturday, June 9, 2001, at 05:50 PM, Daniel Gerald Kluge wrote:

> Dear Bay Swiss-listers,
> since my company doesn't pay my furniture rental anymore, I will have
> to go out and buy some stuff.
>
> Where does one go for decent, possibly cheap furniture in the bay area
> (peninsula)?
>
> Apart from IKEA East-Bay of course...

Thanx to everybody who replied, you all have seen Darius' extensive list
of places to buy.

I've also got quite some replies regarding the IKEA business:

1. It is possible t get shipping (I know that)
2. It might be more expensive than renting a a truck
3. It might take long, and be a lot of hassles.

So I guess I'm better off borrowing somebody's truck.

Additional spots mentioned:
- Crate and Barrel (Stanford Shopping Center - Palo Alto, Santa Clara,
San Mateo, SF ...)
- Scandinavian Designs (San Jose, San Mateo, Berkeley ...)

Cheers,
-daniel