sfbay: Furniture

From: Vaughn G. Hysinger <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 10:26:52 -0700

Folks:

    Last year many of you were very helpful in pointing me to stores for
kitchen appliances and some bedding. I really appreciate that and I think I
sufficiently helped the Swiss economy with my purchases. :-)

    Currently I am having some construction work going on in my apartment in
Wengen (near Interlaken) and it will be done in the next few weeks. Then
I'm going back and need to take the next step. That next step is buying
some furniture.

    The obvious places to look for would be Interlaken/Thun or even
Bern--but that's a good 1 1/2 hours away. I will also need them to deliver
and setup. I'm NOT looking for the modern, glass, far-out type of
furniture that LIPO has but more the 'Swiss Chalet', knotty pine look.
Tables, beds, living room furniture and entry-way smaller items are what I
am looking for (umbrella holders, coat racks, mirrors, etc.). It would be
nice if they also had curtains and individual throw rugs to put over the
carpeting that is already in the apartment.

    Do any of you know names of some stores with good quality, reasonably
priced furniture? Not the Wal-mart level but maybe more like Brueners or
Levitz type. Also if you know of a URL that they might have, maybe I could
do some homework prior to going there blind.

    Thanks so much for all of your help.

Vaughn G. Hysinger
vaughn_at_sgstrading.com