Re: sfbay: Extension for H1B Visa

From: Davide Guarisco <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 16:47:32 -0700

At 16:19 -0700 7/17/00, Laurent Rus wrote:
>Has anyone gone over an extension of H1B Visa after the first three years? (The extension allows the person to stay another three years).

I am about to do it.

>I would like to know if :
>1.) Is there a quota for the extension process

No.

>2.) How long does it take, and

Around 3 months in California. Look up the Service Centers processing times bulletins.

>3.) Does the extension start from the ending of your first three years H1B Visa, or from the date it is processed.

I guess from the end of the first three years. Every day you spent outside the US during the first 3 years can be deducted (!), so my lawyer asked my for this information.

        Davide

--
Davide Guarisco			<http://crism.stanford.edu/~guarisco>