[Eastcoast] Invitation: European Ball on Friday, Jan 27 at the Hungarian Consulate

From: EuroCircle Information <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 07:03:04 -0800

INVITATION TO ALL SWISS PROFESSIONALS in NY METRO AREA:

EuroCircle's 7th Anniversary Party: Hungarian Night @ Consulate
Friday, January 27, 2006 in New York at 7:00 pm
Consulate General of Hungary
223 East 52nd Street New York NY

Ambassador Dr. Gábor Horváth, Consul General of the
Republic of Hungary, Hungarian Cultural Center, EuroCircle and the United Nations Association of New York's Young Professionals for International Cooperation invite you to celebrate with us the Hungarian Night - EuroCircle's 7th Anniversary Dance at the Consulate General of Hungary.

Featuring Malev Hungarian Airlines as a special honorary guest!

A fantastic full Hungarian buffet, dessert, a taste of the exquisite Tokaij dessert wine, open wine bar with CRAFTSMAN wines, from Browary Lubelskie S.A. Perla, Tyskie and Lomza Beers, and as a special treat Fiddler Vodka. Music, dancing - DJ Gutek will take care of the music and Benito Garcia & Anu Arponen will make sure the dancing is fun.

The non-dancers can enjoy more quiet and peaceful "Hungary room" with their drinks.

ATTIRE: creative blacktie or black tie preferred/festive required

Other Hungarian special guests will include:
Hungarian-born photographer Sylvia Plachy - WIPI 2004 Distinguished Photographer Award Recipient. Richard Avedon wrote of Sylvia Plachy: "She makes me laugh and she breaks my heart. She is moral. She is everything a photographer should be." And her son is equally famous, Oscar-winning moviestar Adrian Brody, apparently talent is in your genes!

A completed registration requires two steps from you:
1) register for the event at www.eurocircle.com and
2) send your payment via Paypal.com or a check

The Payment includes includes admission to the Party, plentiful buffet (from 7:00pm to 9:00pm), dessert, open bar with Craftsman wines from Hungary, Perla - thanks to Browary Lubelskie S.A. - and Tyskie Beers, soft drinks and dancing. During the evening the vodka lovers get the chance to enjoy the wonderful Fiddler vodka! A professional DJ will take care of the music.

Veal Paprikás, Székely Gulyás, Dobos Torta, Somlói Galuska... Aah! Just a few of the perennial favorites of those who have had the good fortune of trying Hungary's wonderful cuisine. And now, on Hungarian Night, we will all have a chance to enjoy these culinary delights in NYC, thanks to the Hungarian Consulate's very own expert chef, Nándor Berecki. Make sure you come plenty hungry. Jó étvágyat! (Bon Appétit)

To match the delicious fare, we will have on offer some of Hungary's sexy new wines by Craftsman Wine. We will start with two whites, a 2004 Craftsman Királyleányka (hints of Riesling and Viognier) and a 2004 Craftsman Cserszegi Fűszeres (think Muscat and Gewürztraminer). Followed by two reds, a 2003 Craftsman Cabernet Franc and a 2003 Craftsman Falconer's Cuvée, a delightful blend. Egészségdre! (Cheers!)

Our heartfelt thanks to our providers: Myssura Trading Company, Craftsman wines and Erno Laszlo.

All payments have to be made in-advance, no payment will be accepted at the door. All payments should be made payable to EuroCircle and sent to:

EuroCircle
att: Kaisa Kokkonen
331 West 88th Street, Apt. 3C
New York, NY 10024
MEMO: Jan 27 Hungarian Night
PROBLEMS: call 212-721-6190/Kaisa

REECOMMENDATION: your payment envelope of $60 should be POSTMARKED by Tuesday, January 24th. Please call 212-721-6190 if intend to send a check later than that as it may be delayed. NO PAYMENTS AT THE DOOR. The Consulate has kindly asked us to TRY to provide the FINAL headcount by TUESDAY, Jan 24.
C) Online payment via PayPal.com , Jan 16 -Jan 27 $60 (NO PAYMENTS AT THE DOOR)
Send payments to newyork_at_eurocircle.com