eastcoast: Car insurance (driving record) - lowered Mass. rates successfully!

From: Stefanie Frischknecht <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 10:34:54 -0700 (PDT)

I posted a question a few weeks ago asking if anybody had experience with getting
proof of a clean driving record from Switzerland in order to lower your
Massachusetts insurance rates (their system is weird.. they want at least 6yrs of
proof of clean history in order to get the 'lowest' rates)

For all those who sent me replies/suggestions/comments/questions, I wanted to let
you know that I was able to successfully lower my car insurance rates by providing a
document from the canton's "Strassenverkehrsamt" (translated as: Registry of Motor
Vehicle Transportation)

My letter said something of the following:

^^^^^^^^

Strassenverkehrsamt - Kanton Thurgau

Register der Admnistrativmassnahmen (ADMAS)

Wir bestätigen, dass Frau Frischknecht, geboren xx.xx.xxxx von Winterthur, nicht im
Register für Administrativmassnahmen (ADMAS) verzeichnet ist.

Mit freundlichen Grüssen,
Bereich Massnahmen
(Unterschrift)

^^^^^^^^

I translated this document myself and submitted it to my car insurance, just having
received word of successfully lowering my yearly rate by approximately $500.

Let me know if you have any questions or need help with yours...

Stefanie Frischknecht
(Boston, MA)