eastcoast: importing car from the US to CH

From: <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 04:54:29 GMT

[checkout http://www.swiss-list.com/mailing/swiss-list/2002/0041.shtml
(from our mailing list archive) for a detailed report. The moderator]

I'd like to import my Toyota Rav4 2001 back from Boston to GVA. I was wondering
if anyone had any idea how much it cost and if there were many modifications to
be made on a Toyota to fit Swiss standards. I myself will not be moving back to
CH but no longer need a car and want to ship it to my brother. I heard that it
is much more expensive just to ship a car if you are not moving there than if
you are. Anyone know whom I could contat in Boston to inquire further about
what it will take to import it back and whether it is worth it?

Thanks,

Laetitia