eastcoast: [Swiss House] Invitation to "Entrepreneurs' interaction with the media"

From: Pascal Marmier <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 19:27:58 -0500

INVITATION - "Entrepreneurs' interaction with the media: a discussion with 3
experts"

on March 27, 2002 from 6PM at Swiss House (www.creativeswitzerland.com)

Dear Swiss House friends,

We are glad to invite you to another event at Swiss House. We will have some
great "entrepreneurial" speakers for this event (Teresa and Karen just
released their book and Fabrice is a great source of insights into business
journalism) and as usual this will be another opportunity for networking
with other members of the Swiss House community! You will find all the
details below. If you have any questions about this event or our activities,
please contact me at pascal_at_creativeswitzerland.com. I look forward to
hearing from you soon...!

DETAILS ON THE EVENT:

Getting attention is a top priority for entrepreneurs. From press releases
to corporate web sites to interviews with journalists, come and learn from
our 3 panelists how to maximize exposure in the media and get positive
attention!

We will have three panelists and a moderator for this event:

- Teresa Esser, author of a book titled "The Venture Cafe: Secrets,
Strategies, and Stories From America's High-Tech Entrepreneurs."
(http://www.theventurecafe.com/). Teresa will talk about how an
entrepreneur's presentation skills and general media savvy affect the
interviewing process.

- Karen Donoghue, author of "Built to Use"
Karen is a former MIT Media Lab researcher. She will explain the basics of
online communications: how to build a site and use the internet to
communicate to the media and the general public. For more info:
http://www.humanlogic.com/

- Fabrice Delaye, correspondent of Agefi, the major Swiss daily for business
news (www.agefi.com)
Fabrice is a business reporter and act as the US correspondent of AGEFI. An
expert of the European Science & Technology scene, he writes frequently
about companies and scientifc topics.

- Dyke Hendrickson, Mass High Tech editor (moderator)
Dyke Hendrickson, editor of Mass High Tech (http://www.masshightech.com),
has been with the publication for five years. Prior to becoming editor in
early 2001, he covered the Internet, e-commerce and venture capital for the
newspaper.

Q&A and a cocktail reception will follow the talks by the three panelists.

DATE AND TIME: Wednesday March 27 from 6 to 8:30PM

LOCATION: Swiss House, Science & Technology Consulate at 420 Broadway in
Cambridge (Intersection with Ellery St.)

DIRECTIONS: see www.creativeswitzerland.com under INFO
Please note that parking is difficult in the neighborhood and that you are
encouraged to use public transportation. Closest T Station is Harvard Square
(Red Line)

RSVP: Attendance is free but RSVP is required by email at
pascal_at_creativeswitzerland.com

We look forward to seeing you there!

PS: PLEASE NOTE NEW PHONE NUMBER!!
DIRECT PHONE: (617) 876-3076 ext. 13

Pascal Marmier
Swiss House - Consulate of Switzerland
420 Broadway
Cambridge, MA 02138
Direct: (617) 876-3076 ext. 13
Cell: (617) 331-3989
EMail: pascal_at_creativeswitzerland.com

Web: www.CreativeSwitzerland.com and
www.sni-rsi.ch