[Swiss-list] dual citizen, which passport can/shall I use?

From: Patricia <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 10:41:37 -0400

[There is a link to a very good document, the Dual Citizen FAQ at the bottom
 of this page: http://www.swiss-list.com/links/Visa/ . Basically, you need
 to use the US passport to enter and leave the US (US law), Switzerland does
 not have such a law as far as I know, and France certainly won't care which
 passport you use. However, NEVER show both passports at the same time, not
 everyone knows that dual citizen ship exists. You also need the US passport
 to enter the airplane on the flight back as you won't have a valid visa otherwise.
 The Moderator ]

Hi,

I am orinally from Switzerland and became a US citizen last year.
I will be travelling to Europe and soon and was wondering about which
passport to use.

Her are my questions:

1) Is it ok/legal for me to use my swiss passeport to travel?
2) If so, do I need to travel with my both passports?
3) when entering France/Switzerland or Italy, will my US passport be stamed?

Thank you for sharing your experiences.

Patricia