Re: [Swiss-list] Traveling During Greencard Process

From: Laurent Piguet <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 10:15:32 +0100

I went through the GC process a long time ago (10 years ago, with a US
spouse as well), but I do remember that while you are waiting for your GC
application to come back and the "stamp" in your passport, you shouldn't
get out of the country at all.

Maybe things have changed, but I doubt they changed for the better...
So, I would say this lawyer probably wasn't too outrageous.

I would go to a local bookstore and check inside an up-to-date "NOLO" book
on immigration (or you could buy it of course). BTW, I completed the GC
process with no lawyer involvement, so it's very doable (if you can handle
forms).

Laurent