Re: swiss-list: Process time; no obj waiver

From: isabella imhof <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 18:01:29 -0800

Hi Marc,

I applied for a waiver beginning this year. my time frame was pretty
good (better than the estimates)

it took me 1month to get the case number so that I was able to apply
for the waiver, afterwards it was a little bit more than a month to
get the recommendation letter from the department of state and after
two additional weeks I got the waiver.

from three other cases (not Swiss) I know it took them between 3-4
month to get the waiver.

one thing is for sure a lot depends of the goodwill of the officer.
and it is faster since the number of H1's is limited.

good luck

Isabella