swiss-list: Engineering possition in Switzerland

From: <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 22:36:50 +0200

Fellow Swiss-list members.

As swiss-list-alumni I wanted to ask you if you would know of anyone who
wants to drink his coffee over the rooftops of Basle, swim in the Rhine in
summer, Ski in winter and live in biking distance of work. ... and has some
other qualifications.

As most of you know we are one of the (too few) Swiss Software *product*
companies. We've lived through the ups and downs of the bubble and are on
our way up again. Which means that we can selectively hire a few people. It
also means that we have the feel of a second round VC funded startup in the
valley.

I'd like to especially point out the QA Engineer position with the emphasis
on "engineer". We have somewhat known customers like Audi,
Daimler-Chrysler, DPWN, McDonalds, Shimano, Best Western, Zurich, Swiss
life etc. We are looking for a seasoned engineer who can help manage the
product quality through her/his technical expertise and business experience
to find the "relevant" issues before our customers do.

Finding bugs is easy in software - finding the right ones makes before
customers do (and getting them fixed, released etc of course) ... now that
is where the fund lies.

See http://www.day.com/content/en/company/daycareers.html for more info
(english required - other languages optional).

Some of you might have heard of JSR-170 the java content repository that we
are leading (see google). For a sneak preview you can look at
http://jsr170tools.day.com

Cheers
Jean-Michel