Re: swiss-list: Good News!!

From: Nico Ghilardi <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 14:16:59 -0700

I recently heard a case of a US citizen of asian origin who was
travelling with two non-citizens. The US citizen was made to cite the
pledge of allegiance as a condition to be admitted back into the US.

I personally have a great time in the US, and I think it is a wonderful
country. But these feelings are in stark contrast to how I perceive to
be treated by the INS, and if there is one thing that makes me want to
criminal... It should be "innocent unless proven guilty", but this feels
like "guilty unless proven innocent".

I really think we should voice our opinion towards the Swiss Embassy.
What is the best mode of doing this? Should we all write a letter? I
think a mass email will not have a major effect in the age of spam. How
about this: One of us writes a letter and posts it on the swiss-list.
People print out the letter, sign and mail it to the Swiss ambassador to
the US. Any better suggestions? Any volunteers to write the letter (I am
not sure I am the most qualified to do this, but I would be happy to).

cheers
Nico