Re: swiss-list: Good News!!

From: Nico Ghilardi <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 10:11:47 -0700

These new developments are effectively almost prohibiting those of us
who cannot take any risk of getting stuck outside the US from travelling
back to Switzerland. At the same time, they are hurting US businesses,
because I would assume most Swiss people are qualified individuals in
important positions. These people might be considering to leave the US
if they otherwise can't see their families back home anymore. Also,
these rules are hurting the appeal of the US for Swiss people who would
like to come here. I am thus wondering whether we as a Swiss group
should organize and write to the department of homeland security that
these new rules are in nobody's interest, because it is very doubtful
that they would find a terrorist among the Swiss anyway. Any opinions?

N.

--
Nico Ghilardi, Ph.D.
Molecular Biology Department