swiss-list: Health Insurance

From: Caterine Kamber <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 08:36:55 -0700

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to find a Health Insurance in Switzerland that will cover
me both in the US and in Switzerland. I reside in California most of
the year but spend a few months a year in Switzerland also. I have
found that most of the Swiss Insurances do not want to insure someone
unless they have their papers deposited in Switzerland. I have
announced myself at the Swiss Embassy in Los Angeles as a permanent
resident in the US.

If you have found a good solution for yourself regarding your health
insurance plan or know of some tips for my situation, I would be very
thankful for any suggestion.

Sincerely,

Caterine Kamber