swiss-list: Recommandation for shipping company

From: Julien Boucart <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 09:38:26 +0200

Hi Helmut,

I have moved last year from SF to Lausanne and only shipped boxes as well (no
furniture). Altogether it amounted to less than what I originally thought and
it was about 4m3. I followed some recommandations that I found on the web and
used Schneider. They are based in Switzerland which is a good thing because if
you have a problem then you are in the same country to discuss. It was shipped
by boat and was a bit expensive but everything arrived in good timing and with
no damages. If you are considering a company, one recommandation is that you
use the better business bureau (you can find them on the web) to check if some
complaints were filed against them.

About the car, I don't know
Good luck
Julien