Re: swiss-list: moving household (and car?)

From: Eric Dubuis <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 02:13:31 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Helmut,

Moving the car alone will be pretty expensive. I had an offer for about
US$ 2500.- from the tri-state area to CH. If the car belongs to you for
more than 6 month, there is no customs to be paid. An option might be
to ship to Rotterdam and pick it up there.

And also think about the registration of the car in CH. The car will have
to pass the current DMV (Stassenverkehrsamt) requirements and in particular
has to pass the current emission requirements in CH. I don't know whether
this will be easy for a 14 year old car.

Best,
Eric