swiss-list: original approval notice (form I797) for H-1B VISA

From: Paolo Bosshard <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 09:01:45 +0100

Hi everybody,

I'm going through the last few steps of the H-1 VISA petition...
I already fixed an appointment at the US embassy in Bern but it seems that
problems are not finished yet.
They ask me for the original version of the I 797 form, which is the
approval notice from the US Immigration Office.
The problem is that my employer in the US, the university of Stanford, only
got a copy of it, that has been forwarded to me.
Getting the original will possibly be a quite slow process, and my contract
begins very soon (next week!).

Could anyone tell me if a copy of this form would be accepted despite what
they told me on the phone?
Or everybody had the original?
I sincerly would like to avoid spending again CHF80.- for a second phone
call to the embassy...

Thanks,

Paolo