swiss-list: Paying US taxes while back in Switzerland

From: cnett freesurf <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 23:06:38 +0100

Hi,
I need some advice about tax payments in the US when back in
Switzerland. My husband and myself have returned back home to
Switzerland for good (after 2.5years in the States, both on a J1 visa).
I know that I have to file taxes for 2003 but what about next year. Will
the US realize that I am not a resident in the US anymore? Do I need to
send the IRS some specific paperwork? I truly do not intend to pay taxes
in the US on the money we will earn in Switzerland :-)
Thanks for your advice and experience.
Claudia Nett (back in Zollikon)