swiss-list: waiver application

From: <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 12:20:41 -0600

Hello everybody

I am currently holding a J1 visa and got during my stay here sponsored by the
snf. now I am applying for an H1B visa but need a waiver to get a no objection
statement.

has anybody recent experiences how long it takes to get the waiver, what is the
procedure, pitfalls and which documents I need

on the us department of state webpage it looks easy. I have to send in the j1
visa waiver review application wit h a money order and then I have to send the
case number to my embassy which will send directly to the us department of
state a no objective statement letter.

does anybody has any kind of standard letters I have to send in?

thanks a lot for your help

Isabella