Re: swiss-list: Swiss mutual funds not sold to US residents?

From: <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 19:31:53 EST

Hello, I am a US citizen of Swiss descent and travel to Switzerland
frequently to visit my Swiss friends.

         The following equities (Swiss) are listed on the New York Exchange
    (1) UBS Union Bank of Switzerland closed yesterday at 69.55 up 1.63 per
share. This is an ADR American Depositary Receipt.. I have owned it in the
past and may buy a few shares again when the market drops. This is a good
"long term" investment (l8-24 mos.)

          (2) SWZ Swiss Helvetia Fund (closed end) closed yesterday at
$l3.34 up 0.35 invests in /Swiss companies i. e. UBS, Novartis NVS;
Managed by Swiss people in New York who control the fund with high Management
Fees. I sold my SWZ last year to take a long term capital loss. This could
also be a good "long term" way to participate in the present - market.

 Sincerely,
 Suzann Eshleman
 Ithaca, NY USA