RE: swiss-list: Swiss mutual funds not sold to US residents?

From: Lauber, Jan <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 12:41:52 -0800

Yes, I had the same experience. The visa status doesn't matter,
just your place of residence. I tried setting up Online banking
for my account at UBS in CH, but they wouldn't let me, due to
the lack of some agreement between the US and CH (I didn't understand
the details). The only way I can access my account in CH is through
a relative whom I have given power of atterney. I was told by
the bank manager that this law/agreement will change sometimes
in the near future. But I don't know when or how....

Jan