swiss-list: Mutual funds in Switzerland

From: Bela Ban <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 10:44:57 -0700

As most of you probably know by now (me bombarding this mailing list
with questions), I'm trying to transfer my pension funds to the US.
However, given the lots of (wildly) differing opinions on taxation here
in the US and the currently very bad exchange rate, I'm considering
investing the money in a mutual fund in Switzerland for now.

Pertaining to that I have a few questions:

1) Am I allowed to invest in Switzerland ? I'm taxable in the US and
don't have any legal residency in Switzerland anymore.

2) Where would I have to pay taxes ? I assume in the US, but I'm not
sure.

3) Do you have any information about mutual funds in Switzerland ?
Preferably online. Someone mentioned Raiffeisenkasse some time ago, but
I forgot who it was.

Cheers,

--
Bela Ban