swiss-list: Immigration question: Consular Processing with AC I-140: Possible in Bern?

From: Davide Guarisco <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 18:30:14 -0700

Hi,
        I just got my I-140 approved. Unfortunately, at the time of filing, I chose adjustment of status instead of consular processing.

Now, I would like to switch to consular processing. AFAIK, there are two possibilities:
1. File an I-824
2 Go to the consulate with an "Attorney-certified I-140".

The first possibility will delay the application considerably, maybe one year or more.
Apparently, only certain consulates will accept AC I-140.

Has anyone tried this way?

Thanks for any help,

        Davide