sfbay: pre-schools in Stanford/Palo Alto/Menlo Park Area

From: Darius Somary, Chef <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 00:28:26 -0700

Dear fellow Swiss-listers:

This July my brother and his family will be relocating to the beautiful
peninsula for one year and I've offered to assist them in their initial search
for good pre-school programs in the greater Palo Alto/Menlo Park area. Since I
live in the East Bay and don't have kids of my own yet, I am seeking advise and
feedback from those of you who have had good experience with pre-school
programs on or reasonably close to Stanford where my brother (an attorney) will
be studying. Ideally, the program should cater for children speaking foreign
languages and include a lot of outdoor play time. My brother's kids are 4 and 2
years old and so far only speak Schwiizerduetsch - however, they are looking
forward to learning English very soon.

Your feedback and suggestions are strongly appreciated.

Thanks, __Darius

P.S. Should you know of any families with small children who will be moving
back to Europe (or elsewhere) this summer, please let me know. We might be
interested in buying some of their kitchen/household items, furniture, bicycles
etc. Also, should you know of any nice apartments (3+BR), condos, townhouses or
houses close to the Stanford Campus that will become available in July, I would
appreciate if you would let me know. I'm already checking all the usual on- and
off campus listings, but word-of-mouth often times is more effective :-)

Darius Somary, Head Chef
SpringLoaf Catering
Orinda, CA 94563 USA

Tel. +1-415-699-1816