[Eastcoast] Swiss alumni fondue on Tuesday!

From: <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 13:31:06 -0600

Dear Friends,

I am relaying the info from Olivier de Weck and Beat Arnet inviting alumni from Swiss universities to a fondue at SHARE for Tuesday November 28. Please let me know if you are interested in joining the dinner here and feel free to pass on to other alumni we may have missed.

-- Pascal

Dear Swiss Alumni in the Boston Area/New England:

We will be having a Fondue dinner and get-together on Tuesday November 28, 2006 from 6:00pm-onwards. This is the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. The event is hosted by SHARE, the Swiss House in Cambridge MA (http://www.creativeswitzerland.com/) and sponsored by the New England Chapter of A3SFIT (http://www.angelfire.com/sc3/a3sfit/), the American Alumni Association of the Swiss Federal Institutes of Technology. However, the event is open to all alumni of Swiss educational institutions, not just ETHZ/EPFL. We encourage you to attend.

The purpose is to:
- reenergize and reconstitue the group of Swiss alumni in New England
- get to know each other in terms of our academic activities, business focus, entrepreneurship and other activities
- discuss what future events and formats would be most conducive to the group (networking)

We will have three parts to the event, starting at 6pm:
- Apero - Swiss style
- Fondue (cheese and wine and fixings provided), but we might need a few caquelons to be brought in as well as fondue forks
- Mutual Introductions and discussion of future interactions

Spouses/Partners are of course also invited to attend.

Please send you response to Pascal Marmier
(pascal_at_creativeswitzerland.com) who will compile the RSVP list, no later than November 15.
The event will be held at SHARE.

Please let me or Beat Arnet (beat.arnet_at_gmail.com) know if you have any questions or comments.

Greetings, and looking forward to it

Oli

Olivier L. de Weck, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Aeronautics and Astronautics and Engineering Systems, 33-410 Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 77 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
phone: (617) 253-0255, email: deweck_at_mit.edu

Strategic Engineering of Complex Systems
web: http://strategic.mit.edu