Re: startup: startup: Lanze für Unternehmer

From: <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 15:00:17 EDT

Thanks for your contribution Stefan. I agree with most of your points. For
me, the biggest difference between Swiss and US entrepreneurial environments
remains the mindset of the community. I feel that here in the US, there is a
greater collaborative culture. People exchange information, ideas, experience
continuously. There are much more points of contact for example between the
academic and the business spheres. Through research projects, internships or
discussion, entrepreneurs here seem to be market-savvy. It might also be a
result of a more practical-oriented education model.

If this is of interest to some of the Swiss Listers, I will try to get a
draft of the report from the delegation (mentioned in the TA article). I
acted as the local coordinator of their visit to the Boston area and have
been involved with the project quite a bit. There are several proposals
likely to emerge from this effort and I think Swiss expats with experience in
the US should be an integral part of this process. I will keep you posted.

Pascal Marmier

PS: For those of you who knew my entrepreneurial attempt to start a firm
offering business development services for Swiss start-ups intrerested in the
US (name code Swiss Entrepreneurs Network Development), it turns out to be a
failure ;-). I am now representing the Swiss Network of Innovation
(www.sni-rsi.cf) from Swiss House in Boston and I am happy to help with any
project or question linked to the high-tech/entrepreneurial scene in
Switzerland. My current contact info:

Pascal Marmier
Swiss House for Advanced Research and Education
420 Broadway
Cambridge, MA 02138

Direct line: (617) 876-3078
Mobile: (617) 331-3989
Fax: (617) 876-3079
Email: pascal_at_creativeswitzerland.com