Re: swiss-list: Greates country in the world?

From: <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 10:59:10 -0800

Hi Patrick

my two cents to this discussion:
Why then are you here in this country if you show no respect to the
American way of life? Is it (maybe) for your own career development, so to
speak temporarily accepting the downsides of a life style you despise only
for your own personal progress?
I live here in the US for 5 years and I agree with many of the criticism I
have seen on this list, but sit back and reflect for a moment: Are we as
Swiss better? do we not display an arrogance of
'I-know-it-all-better-and-we-do-it-better'? When I visited Switzerland for
Xmas I was once more shocked to see how narrow-minded Swiss people are when
it comes to accept change or acknowledging mistakes in politics and laws.
But much more shocking was the lack of any vision for Switzerland (see also
the disasters called SwissAir and Expo 02). In that respect we could learn
quite a bit from our host country.
We are used to the Swiss life style and generally do not perceive the
downsides of that lifestyle as negative. That does not man that there are
none! I personally would NOT call any of these countries 'the greatest in
the world'. But that does not mean I do not prefer one over the other......

Have a nice day everyone

Michael